The Lok Sabha Secretariat grants research fellowships to undertake research of high standards on Parliamentary themes and candidates are invited to apply for such fellowships before January 10, 2018.
The selected research scholar will sign a Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) with the Lok Sabha Secretariat undertaking to abide by the terms and conditions mentioned therein.
Important guidelines for research fellowships for Lok Sabha:
- Applications are invited for 25 Research Fellowships for the year 2018-19
- Maximum of Rs.10 lakhs (plus Rs.50,000 as contingency allowance) will be awarded to encourage and support the original studies on subjects relating to Indian Parliament
- The duration of the fellowship will be of 2 years
- Applications should be sent in the hard copy as well as by email to, The Director, Lok Sabha Secretariat, Room No. F-121, Parliamentary Library Building, New Delhi-110001 at firstname.lastname@example.org
Eligibility criteria for the fellowship:
- The scholar should not be less than 25 and more than 70 years of age on the last date of application
- The scholar must possess a Master’s degree in any of the social science disciplines with outstanding research publications at the time of application
- The scholar must be a person with an outstanding academic record in any discipline relevant to parliamentary studies or should be an expert in her/his own domain
Amount for fellowship:
- The total amount of each fellowship for writing books will be a maximum of Rs.10 lakh (Ten lakh only), plus Rs. 50,000/- (Fifty thousand only) as contingency allowance
- The contingency allowance may be utilized for meeting costs such as purchase of books, journals, stationery, photocopying, typing, travel expenses and related expenditures
- The amount sanctioned to a fellow will be disbursed in instalments, subjected to the satisfactory progress of the project and recommendation of the Fellowship Committee to that effect